Guide to Installing Your UPVC Door
1. Cut the cill supplied to the correct size and fit the end caps provided using superglue or silicone sealant. Bed the cill onto a thin layer of mortar or silicone sealant before levelling and fixing into the brickwork opening using frame fixings minimum 100mm long. 3 fixings should be sufficient.
2. Fit the locking barrel and handles supplied using the screws provided.
3. Place the door and frame onto the cill, level and plumb the frame then pack into place using plastic packers or wedges. Once you are happy with the position of the door fix the frame to the cill using self tapping screws minimum 65mm long. 2 fixings should be sufficient but ensure that no fixings are closer than 150mm to the welded corners. Fix the side jambs of the frame into the brickwork using frame fixings minimum 100mm long. 4 fixings should be sufficient but ensure that no fixings are closer than 150mm to the welded corners. Re-check that the frame is still level and plumb, if it has moved then just loosen the fixings and repack as appropriate.
4. Remove the beading from the inside of the door, remove the protective tape from both sides of the infil panel. Place the infil panel or sealed units supplied into the door and pack tight into place using plastic packers or wedges, the packers should only be inserted as per the illustration. Re-fit the beads to secure the infil panel or sealed units into place.
5. Adjust the door for correct operation using the 4mm allen key bolts on the hinges for lateral movement and the 4mm allen key bolts on the keep for compression adjustment.
6. Now you can remove all of the protective tapes and fit the hinge cover caps supplied. The door is now installed and ready for sealing and making good.
A fitting kit containing frame fixings, plastic packers and an adjusting tool is available to purchase when ordering your door.
If you have any difficulties installing or questions before installation you can call our helpline FREE on 0800 072 4887.